Probate Legal Services
The passing of a loved one can be a stressful and upsetting event. Consequently dealing with financial and legal issues often becomes a very difficult and burdensome task for family members who are often still consumed with the grieving process. During this period, we provide the sensitivity and compassion necessary to ease those family burdens by completing the often complex and arduous task of estate administration. In doing so, we work with your executors and trustee, and other family members and professional advisors, in filing all necessary documentation and ensuring that the process is carried out smoothly and in accordance with your wishes.
If you have been named as the executor or trustee, and are willing to serve in either capacity, we can assist you with:
- Interpreting the terms of the will
- The administration of any trusts
- The exploration of Estate Tax Reduction / Minimization Strategies
- Identifying all property and assets of the estate and facilitating the distribution of the same
- Identifying and locating beneficiaries of the decedent
- Disposition of any real estate and business interests of the estate
- Filing of numerous Estate and Inheritance Tax Forms
- Representing the interests of the beneficiaries, trusts and the estate
- Navigating the legal process in situations where the owner of the estate died without a properly executed will
It is important to note that the person charged with administering a trust can be held personally liable if the mandates of the trust are not carried out according to the letter of the law. If you are wondering whether you should accept the role of trustee, do not take the decision lightly. We can explain the responsibilities to you, and if you decide to serve as trustee, guide you through the entire process.
To discuss your specific estate or trust administration needs, contact us for a consultation. We understand what you are going through and can make the process as efficient and stress-free as possible.