Probate Legal Services
Losing a loved one is difficult enough without the additional stress of having to make important financial and legal decisions while grieving. When you factor in the delays, frustration, and expense of settling your loved one’s estate through probate, the situation can seem overwhelming.
At the Law Offices of Clifford M. Cohen, we can lift the burden of estate settlement off your shoulders and guide you through the process from start to finish. If you have been named as executor of your loved one’s estate (or trustee of your loved one’s trust), we can help you with all of the following based on your particular needs and goals:
- Interpretation of the terms of the will or trust
- Ensure instructions in the will or trust are carried out
- Trust administration
- Estate tax minimization
- Identification and distribution of all estate assets
- Beneficiary identification and location
- Disposition of real estate and business interests
- File all estate and inheritance tax forms
- Protect the interests of beneficiaries
- Navigate the legal process involved if your loved one passed away without a valid will
It is worth noting that a trustee can be held personally liable if trust mandates are not carried out, even if the trustee’s mistakes were unintentional. This, together with the amount of work required to administer a trust, is why you should not take the decision to serve as trustee lightly.
If you decide not to serve as executor or trustee, we can help you select the ideal person to fulfill either role. We can also serve in this capacity if you so choose. In addition, we can work with your other advisors to ensure an accurate, streamlined settlement of the estate or administration of any trusts.
We understand what you are going through during this difficult time. Remember: You are not alone. To discuss your specific situation and goals, we invite you to contact us for a free consultation at your earliest convenience.