Clifford M. Cohen, Esq.
Located in the Friendship Heights area of Washington, D.C. and minutes from the Montgomery County, Maryland border, Mr. Cohen’s practice focuses on estate planning, business planning, elder law, and planning for those with special needs. He is dedicated to helping individuals, families and small business owners protect the people they love and their hard-earned assets, plan for the future and cope during times of crisis.
Mr. Cohen believes that the best plans are the result of personal attention and close collaboration with his clients. He takes the time to listen carefully to his clients’ most pressing concerns and important goals, explain their options in clear, easy to understand language, and then design and implement a customized plan to meet all of their objectives. He strives to nurture long-term relationships with his clients and become their “Counselor for Life.”
Mr. Cohen is a graduate of Boston University, where he received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration in 1975. Prior to attending law school, he worked in the real estate industry in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1981 he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami Law School. He has been admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Florida, Massachusetts and Illinois. He is also a member of the Trusts and Estates Section of the District of Columbia and Montgomery County Bar Associations.
Mr. Cohen has been a speaker before various professional groups on topics such as estate planning basics, advanced estate planning using life insurance, business succession planning, and matters related to seniors and their long-term care. He is actively involved in the local community and has supported several organizations.
Professional Qualifications, Community Leadership Activities And Pro Bono Work
- White Flint Downtown Advisory Committee of Montgomery County (2013-Present)
- Montgomery County Democratic Club (2010-Present)
- Bethesda Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce (2008-Present)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (2010-Present)
- DC, Maryland and Florida Bar Associations (1981-Present)
- Board of Directors Bethesda Fire Department (2008-2011)
- Board of Directors Financial Planning Association (2010-2011)
- Board of Directors ArtStream (2009-2010)
- Board of Directors Hearts and Homes for Youth (2007-2008)
- Finance Committee Imagination Stage