Trusted DC Probate Attorney
The passing of a loved one can be a stressful and upsetting event. Consequently, dealing with financial and legal issues often becomes a very difficult and burdensome task for family members who are often still consumed with the grieving process. During this period, we provide the sensitivity and compassion necessary to ease those family burdens by helping you through the often complex and arduous probate process. In doing so, we work with your executors and trustee, and other family members and professional advisors, in filing all necessary documentation and ensuring that the probate process is carried out smoothly and in accordance with your wishes.
Executor or Trustee
If you have been named as the executor or trustee, and are willing to serve in either capacity, we can assist you with preparation and filing of documents including Petition, Notices to interested parties, Inventory, Final Account and all other documents required to probate the will:
- Interpreting the terms of the will
- The administration of any trusts
- The exploration of Estate Tax Reduction / Minimization Strategies
- Identifying all property and assets of the estate and facilitating the distribution of the same
- Identifying and locating beneficiaries of the decedent
- Disposition of any real estate and business interests of the estate
- Filing of numerous Estate and Inheritance Tax Forms
- Representing the interests of the beneficiaries, trusts and the estate
- Navigating the legal process in situations where the owner of the estate died without a properly executed will
It is important to note that the person charged with administering a trust can be held personally liable if the mandates of the trust are not carried out according to the letter of the law. If you are wondering whether you should accept the role of trustee, do not take the decision lightly. We can explain the responsibilities to you and, if you decide to serve as trustee, guide you through the entire process.
To discuss your specific probate or trust administration needs, contact our DC and Maryland probate lawyers for a free consultation. We understand what you are going through and can make the process as efficient and stress-free as possible.
Contact Us Today for Experienced Probate Counsel